Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Translate
Goals for 2018 – 2019
Vision Statement: Wharton ISD prepares today for a competitive tomorrow.
Mission Statement: Wharton ISD will provide exceptional instruction to every student, every day, with a spirit of warm, friendliness and personal pride.
1. The District will increase the level of instructional support provided to teachers through instructional coaches and facilitators.
2. The District will develop and utilize a three year staff development plan to avoid a fragmented approach to trainings.
3. The District will develop the premier Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) program in the county.
4. The District will continue to increase CTE participation and class offerings.
5. The District will continue to refine the balanced literacy approach as we deliver effective instruction to all students in grades K – 6.
6. The District will be engaged in the development of a systematic curriculum framework that will be utilized for the 2016 – 2017 school year.
7. The District will continue to integrate technology as an instructional learning tool.
8. The District will continue to meet the state standard and demonstrate student growth over time
1. The District will continue efforts to offer a more competitive salary and benefits package.
2. The District will offer a “Grow Your Own” program.
3. The District will continue to improve staff support systems in the areas of instruction and professional development.
4. The District will continue recruitment strategies to attract quality staff.
5. The District will partner with the business community for help in acclimating new hires from outside the area.
1. The District will provide clean, efficient, and effective instructional environments through proactive maintenance and modifications.
2. The District will ensure safe and secure facilities by evaluating and making appropriate modifications.
Wharton ISD will provide exceptional instruction to every student, every day, with a spirit of warmth, friendliness and personal pride.
Copyright © 2016 - Wharton Independent School District