Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What kind of credit do I receive for taking AFJROTC?
A. JROTC is an elective program, Cadets will receive PE credit if they have not already completed their PE requirement.
Q. Will I have to join the military if I participate in AFJROTC?
A. There is absolutely no military service obligation for participating in AFJROTC.
Q. Are haircuts mandatory for AFJROTC cadets?
A. Yes, the hair standards for cadets are exactly the same as those for regular Air Force personnel. Grooming standards are explained in class and are detailed in the Cadet Guide.
Q. If I decide to jon AFJROTC do I need to wear a uniform?
A. Yes, uniforms are a required part of the AFJROTC program. Cadets will be issued (free of charge) all required uniform items and will be taught how to wear the uniform properly and with pride.
Q. Are there any benefits for participating in the AFJROTC program
A. Absolutley! Here is a list of some benefits...
- Colleges accept AFJROTC cadets at a higher rate due to their integrity, leadership, and dependability
- AFJROTC provides you the skills to be successful in life
- Cadets who decide to enlist in the military do so at an advanced rank (meaning you make more money)
- AFJROTC is FUN! We have numerous teams you can join (even competition teams) such as marksmanship, unmanned aerial systems/drones, rocketry, Color Guard, and Academic Bowl
- We take several field trips each year
- We are actively engaged in our community
- AFJROTC can assist with college applications, letters of recommendation, scholarships, and Service Academy appointments
- You have the opportunity to learn about aviation history, principles of flight (there is even the opportunity to earn your private pilots licence at no cost), and space exploration
- Hands-on mangement training; hands-on leadership labs; drill and ceremonies (to include the annual Military Ball)
- AFJROTC helps you become the best version of yourself