The model rocketry program provides an opportunity for cadets to learn the basic principles of aerospace rocketry. During the program, the cadets get the opportunity to design, build and launch model rockets and perform in appointed team positions. Model rockets built use safe engines. Successful completion of program requirements makes cadets eligible for the model rocket badge.
- To acquaint cadets with the importance of rocketry and its role in the future.
- Increase cadets’ knowledge of aerospace sciences and motivate them to attain an even greater knowledge of aerospace.
- Employ the cadets’ interest in model rocketry to enrich their development.
- Provide activities and opportunities for the development of aerospace leadership skills.
- Arouse interest in aerospace careers that require the knowledge of rocketry.
- Contribute to the development of an understanding of aerospace power.
- Lead to the discovery of the individual educational need of cadets aspiring to careers in aerospace.