Thank you for your service with Wharton ISD. Per Wharton ISD Policy, all exiting employees are required to submit an official resignation in writing. Wharton ISD accepts the electronic resignation, accessible online at this website.
Submit your resignation, select this link: Resignation Form
Per Texas Education Code, educators are required to resign a contract no later than 45 days before the first day of instruction. Per code, a district may release an educator voluntarily, but is not obligated to do so after the 45th day has passed.
Steps for Resignation/Retirement
1. If retiring, contact our retirement system (TRS). Contact information can be found below. Please understand that Wharton Independent School District cannot advise you on your retirement so you must work with a TRS advisor to ensure that you understand your retirement options and dates.TRS - https://www.trs.texas.gov/Pages/active_member_planning_retirement.aspx TRS Contact Information
1-800-223-8778 Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
2. Once you are informed and comfortable with the date you have selected, complete the form Notification of Resignation or Retirement found at the Resignation Form link.
3. Inform your current supervisor of your resignation and last work day.
4. Contact HR to ensure they received your resignation.
5. Collect/gather all school district property to turn in before you exit to your current supervisor. If separating on a short notice and time does not permit turning in property to your supervisor, please drop all items off to HR.
6. Contact HR to discuss your last check and last day for benefits, if applicable.