We are excited you are considering a position with Wharton ISD! Whether you are in the application process or have already begun the process of being hired, there are a few required documents you will need upon hiring. If you proactively gather these documents listed below, it will assist us in helping you begin your career in Wharton ISD as quickly as possible.
Required processes and/or documents necessary for hire in Wharton ISD:
- Clear background--more information about fingerprinting can be found on the TEA website.
- I-9 documentation--Click here for a complete list of acceptable documents.
- Social Security Card for TRS purposes.
- Texas Teacher Certificate or applicable state license--if applicable.
- Official college transcripts, high school diploma or GED certificate as required for the position.
- Official Service Records--Click here for more information about service records from TEA.
- Letter of Acceptance/Statement of Eligibility--only if enrolled in an alternative certification program.
- Driving Record--if applicable
Chapter 21 contracted staff resignation deadline reminder.
Human Resources reminds Chapter 21 staff that per statutory guidelines, an educator serving under a probationary term, or continuing contract may resign, without penalty, by providing written notice to the board or the board’s designee no later than the 45th day before the first day of instruction of the following school year—generally around the middle of July. For information about how to submit a Resignation/Notice of Separation, visit the Resignations page, call (979) 532-1200, or email HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.